Finalmente i possessori di questa scheda, la 7300GS, possono tornare ad usare i driver Nvidia, dato che con l'ultima release, la 290.10, sono stati risolti i problemi che causavano il freeze con Gnome-Shell.
290.10 for Linux x86/x86_64 released
Release highlights since 290.06:
- Fixed a bug that would cause OpenGL applications to crash when run with recent releases of glibc such as glibc 2.14.90.
- Improved the performance of FBO bind operations when using Xinerama by ~30% in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that could cause stereo corruption when driving a stereo display and a non-stereo display from the same GPU.
- Fixed a bug that could cause display devices on a secondary GPU to get swapped between X screens when restarting the X server.
- Fixed a bug that could result in line flickering in full-scene anti- aliasing contexts.
- Fixed a bug that caused the physical dimensions of rotated monitors to be reported incorrectly.
- Add support for the pre-VBO DrawArrays command in the server-side GLX driver module. The NVIDIA client-side GLX implementation never sends this command, but the server needs to support it for compatibility with other GLX client implementations.
- Fixed a regression that caused blank/white windows when exhausting video memory on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs while using composited desktops.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when glDrawArrays was used with a non-VBO vertex attribute array to draw on a Xinerama screen other than screen 0 using an indirect GLX context
The 290.10 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86 is available for download via FTP.
The 290.10 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86_64 is available for download via FTP.
Update 4/11/2011: purtroppo danno ancora un po di problemi.